2Morrow’s Chronic Pain Program
A Fresh Approach for Those Living with Chronic Pain
Fifty million adults are living with chronic pain in the US.(1) Those living with persistent pain use more healthcare services, suffer greater disability, and have a lower quality of life than their pain-free counterparts. The cost to business productivity is an estimated $95B per year with an estimated cost of over $600B to the US economy; which is more than cancer, heart disease and diabetes.(2)
Groundbreaking research on pain has upended the ways we think about--and treat--chronic pain. Instead of compartmentalizing the brain, body, emotions and thoughts, new research shows that they work synergistically to create and affect pain.
In the never-ending pursuit of pain relief, patients can sacrifice the things that make their lives meaningful, thus contributing to a downward spiral of depression and disability.
Our program addresses an important aspect of pain treatment that is often missed: keeping your life on track as you live with chronic pain. We introduce people to the idea that life does not have to go “on hold” while living with pain. In restoring meaningful activity, no matter how small, we empower people to take those first steps toward a more balanced life.
This Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) based approach was created in collaboration with Dr. Kevin Vowles, a behavioral scientist who studies and treats patients with chronic pain. In clinical testing, ACT has helped patients reduce disability, depression, pain-related anxiety, pain-related medical visits, and use of certain prescribed analgesics, as well as increase physical function.(3)
How does our Chronic Pain Program work?
Participants start by creating a profile that is used to customize the program. They then embark on a guided journey that explores their values and goals and teaches practical skills to deal with the “Pain Monster” so they can live with pain and still move toward the life they desire.
- Define Values and Goals: Throughout the program, participants will be asked to consider their core values and goals.
- Learn: The program includes over 30 bite-sized lessons and exercises including bonus content.
- Practice: Practice the core concepts and track their progress in the app.
- Take Action: Define actions participants are willing to take in pursuit of their goals, and then practice doing those in real life.
- See Progress: View progress as they move through the program and earn a Certificate of Completion.
- Get Help: If they have questions or need help they can message a real coach.
2Morrow is an industry leader in providing mobile apps for behavioral change. Our programs are easy to launch, distribute and manage whether you are an employer, wellness program, or health plan. The programs are private and non-judgemental for the end user. 2Morrow’s programs use an ACT based approach to dealing with unhelpful thoughts, feelings and urges to help patients reach their health goals.
The Chronic Pain program is part of the 2Morrow Health Platform and can be offered alone or with our suite of programs including Weight, Stress, and Smoking Cessation.
Whether you are a broker, wellness program, or state government, 2Morrow's affordable Chronic Pain program is easy to incorporate into your current offering.
3. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Chronic Pain: Evidence of Mediation and Clinically Significant Change Following an Abbreviated Interdisciplinary Program of Rehabilitation, Kevin E. Vowles, Katie Witkiewitz, Gail Sowden, Julie Ashworth, Journal of Pain, Volume 15, Issue 1, Pages 101–113, 2014