2Morrow's Weight Management Program
A non-judgmental, behavioral approach to managing weight.
For Businesses & Organizations.
Most weight programs focus on having people "eat right and exercise." Sounds simple, but most people struggle with actually doing it. 2Morrow offers a unique approach that looks at why people don't do they things they intended to do. Following the Acceptance and Commitment Therapy model, or ACT, this program addresses the values, motivations, thoughts and emotions that affect our relationship with our weight. It provides techniques to manage unhelpful thoughts, urges and cravings that hold people back from taking actions that move them toward their goals.
How does it work?
Participants start by creating a profile that is used to customize the program. They then begin a guided journey that helps explore their values and goals and how they relate to their weight. They learn how to use awareness and mindfulness to identify opportunities to take "committed action" that moves them toward the life they desire.
- Define Values and Goals: Throughout the program, participants will be asked to consider their core values and goals.
- Learn: The program includes over 30 bite-sized lessons and exercises including bonus content.
- Practice: Practice the core concepts and track their progress in the app.
- Take Action: Define actions they are willing to take in pursuit of their goals, and then practice doing those in real life.
- See Progress: View their progress as they move through the program and earn a Certificate of Completion.
- Get Help: If they have questions or need help they can message a real coach.
The ACT-based program is based on over 7 years and $13 million in NIH funded research into helping people change behaviors. Behavioral scientists at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center have been focused on finding better ways to address health behaviors. Their groundbreaking work in nicotine addiction led to some interesting findings... people who learned ACT skills quit smoking without gaining weight! In fact, many lost weight. Based on that data and data from our CSO, Dr. Evan Forman from Drexel University, 2Morrow has created a program that addresses the behavioral side of weight management. The United States Department of Defense is collaborating with 2Morrow on a clinical trial using this app-based program and it is offered by employers and wellness program nationally. With this program, we've removed the judgment to empower the participant to reach their unique goals.
This program is part of the 2Morrow Health Platform and can be offered alone or with our suite of programs.
Whether you are a broker, wellness program, or state government, 2Morrow's affordable weight management program is easy to incorporate into your current offering. 2Morrow's weight management program can be used with other diet and exercise programs.